2019 totals and 2020 goals

Hard to believe but another decade (the 20's) has arrived.    2020 sounds like some distant year in the future, not the year we have just entered.  I suppose this means I am getting old.  Especially when I can say things like I remember back in the 70's I graduated high school.  Wow that was 50 years ago!

2019 in typical fashion went by too fast.  I learned a bunch and accomplished pretty much all of my goals for the year thanks to dedication to my goals and the help of my new coach called Tridot.  Tridot is an online coaching system that maps out all my workouts based on regular assessments and my upcoming goals.  For the most part it was easy to learn the Tridot jargon and I jumped in with both feet.   The program kept me injury free and well prepared for all my events.  The toughest part was learning to run at a zone 2 HR pace.  I didn't know it was possible to run that slow but over time learned to enjoy the easy runs.

Overall I swam/bike/ran a total of 3,187.5 miles.  This is an increase of over 527 miles from 2018.

I started the year off in February with the Rock and Roll New Orleans Half Marathon in New Orleans Louisiana.  Visiting the Big Easy for the first time was a thrill.  The race went OK and was the 21st state I've run at least a half marathon in.

In May, I traveled to Oregon and ran in the Oregon Spring Half marathon.  The highlight of this trip was spending time with my inlaws who drove up from California to spend time with us and see my race.  My finish time was decent (2:01:37) and this made 22 states I have now run in.

In June I completed my first triathlon of the year.  The Loveland Lake to Lake Sprint Triathlon was interesting to say the least.  The weather was dreadful (rain) and I had 2 flat tires on the bike course.  Not a great race experience but I finished and actually somewhat enjoyed the experience.

In July,  I completed the TriBoulder Olympic Distance Triathlon at Boulder reservoir.  The event went decent for me even though I was disappointed in some aspects of it. 

 In August Julie and I completed the Copper Triangle.  This was a 79 mile bike ride over 3 mountain passes.  This ride was tough but it was a thrill to ride it with Julie and of course to finish.

September was a thrilling month for me.  On September 15th, I entered the ranks of Ironman Triathlon by completing the Ironman 70.3 in Atlantic City New Jersey.   This distance was something I never thought I could do and finishing was definitely a thrill.  This also counted as my 24th state I have run at least a half marathon in.  


The rest of the year I was kinda lazy and gained about 25 pounds.  I need to learn from this as it is so tough to get the weigh back off.  I can blame the holidays and other things but bottom line is that everything is a choice, including what we put in our mouths!

My totals for 2019 were as follows:
  • Swimming - 237,349 yards or about 136 miles.  41 more miles than 2018.
  • Biking - 2,255.4 miles.  302 miles more than 2018
  • Running - 796.3 miles.  182 miles more than 2018.  

My plans for 2020 are:


With my weight up 25 pounds you'd think my motivation would be high.  For some reason it is not.  In fact I have not set any official goals at this point.  I only have thoughts at this point:

My thoughts for 2020 are:
  • Lose some or all of the 25 pounds
  • More hiking this year
  • Hike up Pikes Peak
  • Complete some triathlons
  • Add one or more states to my half marathon is every state goal
  • Plenty of bike riding with Julie in the spring and summer months.
  • Focus on enjoying the experiences

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

24 July 2016 - TriBoulder Olympic distance Triathlon

My 2016 totals and 2017 goals

2018 totals and 2019 goals