2014 was a year of many accomplishments

2014 was quite the year for this 55 year old!  As I reflect back, I am truly humbled that the good Lord has given me the ability to do all this.  Especially at my age!  I don't plan on slowing down any in 2015 but for now I wanted to celebrate my accomplishments for 2014.  Here they are:

First full marathon (26.2 miles).
First Olympic distance Triathlon (Swim 1500 meters, 24.8 miles bike, 10K run).
First Century (100 miles) bike ride.
Ran at least a half marathon race in 6 different states.
Earned my first "Beat Your Age" award in the Bolder Boulder. 
Longest open water swim ever (1.2 miles).
Completed a Sprint Triathlon.
Completed a Metric Century ride (62 miles).
3 Half Marathon Personal Records (PR)
Ran over 1000 miles.
Biked over 1248 miles.




Monthly details:

January:  Earned my 26.2 sticker by running my first full marathon in Maui!  Hawaii was state number 5.

February: PR'd in the Daytona Beach Half Marathon!  Florida was state number 6.

May: PR'd in the Fargo Half Marathon!  North Dakota was state number 7.
          Beat my age as I ran in my 16th Bolder Boulder.

June: Casper Half Marathon.  Wyoming was state number 8.

July:  TriBoulder Sprint Triathlon.
          Cancer Sucks 1.2 mile swim.
          TriRock Olympic distance Triathlon.

August:  Tour de Cure Century ride.

September: Platte Valley Companies Monument Half Marathon.  Nebraska was state number 9.

October:  Tour of the Moon metric century (62 miles) ride.

November:  PR'd in the Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon!  Indiana was state number 10.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

24 July 2016 - TriBoulder Olympic distance Triathlon

My 2016 totals and 2017 goals

2018 totals and 2019 goals